News Section: Local Government
Manatee Port Authority Agenda Results: 8/21/2014
PALMETTO -- At Thursday's Port Authority meeting, Members approved a container yard camera project, a Feld Entertainment lease agreement, a harbor crane refinancing and line of credit agreement and an oath to work with the other regional ports in concert.
1. Audience Introduction
2. Employee Recognition -- 10 years: Kathy Brewer, Tommy McMullen
3. Presentation -- Neil Costentino CEO Tampa Bay World LLC
4. 1014 Port Security Grant Program (PSGP) -- Information Only
5. Consent Agenda -- Approved, Unanimous
6. Mass Notification System -- Phase One -- Addendum Two -- Approved, Unanimous
7. Container Yard Camera Project -- Approved, Unanimous
8. Feld Entertainment Lease Agreement -- Feld will be leasing a portion of the port property to park circus train cars at a designated location for six weeks at a time, rotating each group of cars for 10 six week periods. -- Approved, Unanimous (Story to follow)
9. Fiscal Year 2014--15 Operating Budget Resolution -- Approved, Unanimous
10. Harbor Cranes Refinancing & Line of Credit -- Approved, Unanimous
11. Tampa Bay Ports Regional Meeting -- Discussion Only
Authority Members agreed on the four suggestions that would help Port Manatee, Port Tampa and Port of St. Petersburg operate in a more regionalized manner.
1. Commit to not making disparaging remarks in the public
2. Develop a Regional Leadership Structure, including the three Port Directors, Rich Biter, Assistant Secretary FDOT and Doug Wheeler, President of the Florida Ports Council.
3. Develop a joint marketing strategy
4. Reaching out to the other regional ports with referrals in the spirit of unity for state benefit. -- Approved, Unanimous
Both said they agreed with the session, but wanted the location of the session to be held at the port, since it was a port agenda request.
FDOT will be posting minutes of the meeting on their website in the near future -- http://www.dot.state.us/seaport/
Executive Director Comment -- Carlos Buqueras said they are working on a similar strategy that will include an effort for all of the Florida ports to develop a better and more-accommodating rapport.
Buqueras will be hosting a land owners meeting (dealing with the 5,000 acres in proximity of the port) at a date soon to be announced.
-- Bustle brought up a conversation with District One FDOT Secretary, Billy Hattaway on the "Port Connector Road" and the status of it. Bustle wasn't satisfied the project was still on track.
Motion to have a Port work session on strategy to discuss procedures on " Port Connector Road" to be held at the Administration Building in downtown Bradenton. Date to be announced. -- Approved, 5 -- 2, Whitmore and DiSabatino dissenting.
Join the conversation post Facebook comments here or on our site at the bottom of article.
In Addition to Facebook Comments You Can Also Post Comments Below
Click here to add a Non-Facebook comment to this page
Sign up for our free news subscription - a great way to stay informed!