News Section: Local Government
Palmetto City Commission Agenda Results: August 4, 2014
PALMETTO -- At Tuesday's meeting, commissioners recognized Matt Misco as Employee of the Third Quarter and voted Commissioner Williams as voting delegate for the Florida League of Cities Conference. In other business, commissioners voted to approve Ordinance 2014-14, a Comprehensive Plan amendment.
Following the recognition, the winner of Employee of the Quarter will be announced.
1. CITY COMMISSION AGENDA APPROVAL
Action Request: Motion to approve the August 4, 2014 Agenda. -- Approved 4 - 0, Williams absent
2. PUBLIC COMMENT
Public Comment: Comments shall be limited to two minutes. Commission does not generally take action on any matter raised during these public comments, but may direct the matter to be placed on the agenda of a future meeting, if appropriate.
3. CONSENT AGENDA APPROVAL
A. Clerk’s Office
1. July 21, 2014 Minutes
B. Public Works
1. Interlocal Participation Agreement with Instituform Technologies -- Approved, 4 - 0, Williams absent
2. Traffic Agreement -- Approved, 4 - 0, Williams absent
C. Police Department
1. Budget Resolution
Action Request: Motion to approve the August 4, 2014 Consent Agenda. -- (3-A and 3-c ) -- Approved, 4 - 0, Williams absent (B-1 and 2, pulled for vote.)
4. DESIGNATION OF VOTING DELEGATE FOR FLORIDA LEAGUE OF CITIES CONFERENCE
Commissioners Smith, Varnadore and Williams will be attending the Florida League of Cities conference this month. The League is asking for one commissioner to be designated as the voting delegate during the Annual Business Session.
Action Request: Motion to designate Commissioner Smith, Commissioner Varnadore, or Commissioner Williams as the voting delegate for the Florida League of Cities Conference.
Commissioner Brian Williams -- Approved, 4 - 0, Williams absent
5. PUBLIC HEARING ORDINANCE 2014-14 COMPREHENSIVE PLAN AMENDMENT (J. Burton)
AN ORDINANCE OF THE CITY OF PALMETTO, FLORIDA, AMENDING THE 2030 PALMETTO COMPREHENSIVE PLAN, ORDINANCE 2010-01, AS AMENDED; AMENDING AND ADDING DEFINITIONS; AMENDING THE FUTURE LAND USE ELEMENT, THE TRANSPORTATION ELEMENT, THE COASTAL MANAGEMENT ELEMENT, THE CONSERVATION ELEMENT, THE PARKLAND OPEN SPACE, AND RECREATION ELEMENT, AND THE PUBLIC SCHOOL ELEMENT; PROVIDING FOR AMENDMENTS RELATED TO THE COMMUNITY REDEVELOPMENT AREA; PROVIDING FOR UPDATES; PROVIDING FOR A CODIFIED COMPREHENSIVE PLAN; PROVIDING FOR CONFLICTS; PROVIDING FOR SEVERABILITY; AND PROVIDING FOR AN EFFECTIVE DATE.
Open the public hearing.
Close the public hearing after public comment.
Action Request: Motion to transmit the text amendment to the Department of Economic Opportunity and applicable review agencies for review. -- Approved, 4 - 0, Williams absent
6. PUBLIC HEARING ORDINANCE 2013-21 PORTABLE STORAGE CONTAINERS (M. Barnebey)
AN ORDINANCE OF THE CITY COMMISSION FOR THE CITY OF PALMETTO, FLORIDA, AMENDING THE PALMETTO CODE OF ORDINANCES; PROVIDING FOR THE REGULATION OF THE USE AND LOCATION OF PORTABLE STORAGE CONTAINERS; PROVIDING FOR REPEAL OF ORDINANCES IN CONFLICT; PROVIDING FOR SEVERABILITY; AND PROVIDING FOR AN EFFECTIVE DATE.
Open the public hearing continued from June 2, 2014. Close the public hearing after public comment.
Action Request: Motion to continue public hearing on Ordinance 2013-21 to October 20, 2014 at 7:00 p.m. -- Approved, 4 - 0, Williams absent
7. SALE OF ENFIELD PROPERTY 505 5YH STREET WEST
Sale of the Enfield property 505 5th Street West and declare the property surplus
Action Request: Motion to authorize the placing of the property located ay 505 5th Street West up for sale, to declare said property as surplus and to authorize proceeding pursuant to Section163.380 Florida Statutes. -- Approved, 4 - 0, Williams absent
8. SALE OF PROPERTY AT 705 10TH AVENUE WEST
Sale of property at 705 10th Avenue West and declare the property surplus
Action Request: Motion to authorize the property located at 705 10th Avenue West, less property retained for future right-of-way and mobility needs, up for sale, to declare such propertyy surplus and to authorize proceeding pursuant to section 163.380 Florida Statutes. -- Approved, 4 - 0, Williams absent
9. ACQUISITION OF 2002 10TH STREET WEST
Acquisition of 2002 10th Street West and authorize eminent domaine, if needed.
Action Requested: Motion to authorize the Mayor to negotiate with the property owner to purchase the property for the appraised value and in the event that is unsuccessful authorize the city attorney to pursue eminent domaine to acquire the property. -- Approved, 3 - 0, Varnadore dissent, Williams absent
10. JULY CHECK REGISTER Information only
Recess the City Commission meeting to open the April 7, 2014 CRA Board meeting.
1. CRA BOARD AGENDA APPROVAL
Action Request: Motion to approve the August 4, 2014 CRA Board Agenda. -- Approval, 4 - 0, Willaims absent
2. PUBLIC COMMENT
Comments shall be limited to two minutes. CRA Board does not generally take action on any matter raised during these public comments, but may direct the matter to be placed on the agenda of a future meeting, if appropriate.
3. CRA CONSENT AGENDA
A. June 2, 2014 and June 16, 2014 Minutes
B. New Market Tax Credit Alliance
C. Purchase of 705 10th Ave West Property
D. Purchase of 505 5th ST West Property
E. It Works Incentive Agreement -- Approved, 3 - 0, Varnadore dissent -- Williams absent
F. Trade Rent Subsidy
G. Blalock Walters Legal Bills
Action Request: Motion to approve the August 4, 2014 CRA Consent Agenda. -- Approved, 4 - 0, Williams absent (E pulled for vote)
4. MLK PARK UPDATE -- Pond is done -- we will be returning dollars to the budget
5. RIVERSIDE PARK BOAT RAMP UPDATE -- Restrooms are open and ready to go.
6. CRA DIRECTOR’S COMMENTS -- Burton said, We have some live oaks (free). Got a Email on the community garden. CRA budget will be going to the board next week. Working on multi-model corridor
7 PRESIDING OFFICER’S COMMENTS -- none
8 CRA BOARD MEMBERS’ COMMENTS -- none
Reconvene the April 7, 2014 City Commission meeting.
11. BOAT REGATTA FEBRUARY 15 -- Nothing yet.
12. ASR WELL UPDATE -- Allen Tusing said, "We will have a walk through Thursday and will announce the ribbon cutting. On the other side of 10 th Street, we have a water sinkhole. We're talking to the state now. We will know soon how much we will have to pay. "
13 DEPARTMENT HEADS’ COMMENTS --
-- City Clerk -- Jim Freeman said, We got final numbers on the budget. -- The 19th and 20th August we have a workshop scheduled. Motion to cancel the Oct. 6 workshop, CRA and Commission meeting -- Approved, 4 - 0, Williams absent
14. MAYOR’S REPORT -- Mayor Bryant said, "I am really pleased with the progress so far on the multi-modal. I got some conformations from MPO they were cooperativ ... Soon the Brighthouse will be installed in the park." Also mentioned that Hedgsville VA. (10 and 11 year old softball championship) wrote a letter on how wonderful our girls were. They won three in a row and lost the final (runner-ups); everybody loved them.
Join the conversation post Facebook comments here or on our site at the bottom of article.
In Addition to Facebook Comments You Can Also Post Comments Below
Click here to add a Non-Facebook comment to this page
Sign up for our free news subscription - a great way to stay informed!