News Section: Local Government
Bradenton City Council Agenda Results: July 16, 2014
BRADENTON – At Wednesday's meeting, the Bradenton City Council heard a presentation by Commissioner Carol Whitmore and Jeannie Holmes Bystrom on the issue of the often-lethal harm to local bird wildlife caused by fishing lines. In other business, the council approved a Special Use Amendment requested by Fawley Bryant Architecture for a chilled water facility; a School Resource Officers Program Agreement between the city police department and the Manatee School Board; a contract renewal for the company behind the city's red light cameras; keeping the tentative property millage rate at 5.8976; and establishing public hearing dates for said rate.
INVOCATION & PLEDGE (The City does not endorse the religious beliefs of any speaker.)
- Invocation by Pastor Nick Manassa of Resonate Life Church.
1. MEETING CALLED TO ORDER Mayor Wayne Poston
- Commissioner Carol Whitmore and Jeannie Holmes Bystrom
4. ADMINISTERING THE OATH
5. CITIZEN COMMENTS
6. CONSENT AGENDA (Passed unanimously)
a) Public Event: Inaugural Twilight 5K Ghost Run-Walk/Oct. 18 downtown.
b) Public Event: Bradenton Blues Fest/Dec. 5-6 at Riverwalk.
c) Public Event: Music in the Park/Monthly, Jan.-May 2015 at Riverwalk amphitheater.
d) Public Event: Pickin’ Picnic/May 23, 2015 at Riverwalk.
e) Reduction to current Permit Fee schedule.
f) Resolution 14-26: 2014-17 CDBG Consolidated Plan and 2014-15 Annual Action Plan.
g) Resolution 14-27 reappointing Thomas Vorpahl to the Merit Board.
h) Resolution 14-28: reappointing Donald Bingham to the MPO Citizens Advisory Board.
i) Minutes: June 25 City Council meeting.
j) Budget adjustment – Judicial Center Parking Garage paystations.
7. BUSINESS/ADVERTISING, PETITIONS, HEARINGS & COMMUNICATIONS
SU.14.00118 WARD 4 NEIGHBORHOOD 1.01 (Passed unanimously)
Request of Fawley-Bryant Architects, agent, for Manatee County Government, owner, for Special Use approval to establish an Electric Substation (Chilled Water Facility) at 323 9th Street West (zoned T6-Urban Core).
8. NEW BUSINESS BY DEPARTMENT HEADS, CITY ATTORNEY AND COUNCIL
Carl Callahan, City Clerk & Treasurer
- 2014-15 School Resource Officers Program Agreement between Manatee County School Board and City of Bradenton Police Department. (Passed unanimously)
- Red light camera contract renewal. (Passed 4-1, with Councilman Bemis Smith dissenting)
- Tentative millage rate and public hearing dates. (Passed unanimously)
9. BUSINESS BY APPOINTMENT
10. COUNCIL REPORTS
11. DEPARTMENT HEAD REPORTS
Join the conversation post Facebook comments here or on our site at the bottom of article.
In Addition to Facebook Comments You Can Also Post Comments Below
Click here to add a Non-Facebook comment to this page
Sign up for our free news subscription - a great way to stay informed!