News Section: Local Government
Manatee County Port Authority Meeting Agenda Results: June 19, 2014
PALMETTO -- At Thursday's Port Authority Meeting, members voted to permit an Evaluation Committee that consists of Port executives to negotiate professional service contracts. Members voted to continue into Phase Two of the Mass Notification Project connecting the port's administrative office and the security operations center. In other business, Frank Holden, Port Manatee's Senior Director of Operations and Special Projects, retires.
1. Public Comments Audience Introduction
2. Employee Recognition -- Frank Holden Retirement
3. Presentation -- Mark Rachal, Audubon Florida Coastal Islands Sanctuaries
4. Consent Agenda -- Approved, Unanimous
5.Certification and Authorization to Negotiate Continuing Professional Services -- Approved, Unanimous
6. Second Amendment to the Litigation Settlement Agreement Supplement-Bypass Road -- Approved, Unanimous
7. Mass Notification Project Phase Two -- Addendum #1 -- Approved, Unanimous
Public comments -- Glen Gibellina wanted to know why Item #6 had taken so long to litigate, and had been granted extensions. He suggested someone look into that. Gibellina said this is the third time he has requested there be a solar project on port property, citing the space available for it.
Join the conversation post Facebook comments here or on our site at the bottom of article.
In Addition to Facebook Comments You Can Also Post Comments Below
Click here to add a Non-Facebook comment to this page
Sign up for our free news subscription - a great way to stay informed!