News Section: Community Spotlight
Community Spotlight: Manatee Chamber Names 2014 Champions of Healthcare
LAKEWOOD RANCH – The Manatee Chamber of Commerce named its 2014 Champions of Healthcare at a gala awards breakfast on April 17, 2014. More than 300 people attended the awards event in Lakewood Ranch to honor more than 70 nominees, 22 finalists and nine award winners.
"Once again this year, we received tremendous support for the Champions of Healthcare Awards," said Jacki Dezelski, executive vice president for the Manatee Chamber of Commerce. "These awards celebrate the important work so many people, programs, business and institutions are doing in Manatee County to support healthcare access and delivery, particularly work that is above and beyond anyone's 'day job.' The awards are designed to recognize impact, excellence and dedication."
The 2014 Champions of Healthcare Award Winners are:
- Lifetime Achievement Award - Cornelius Turalba, MD
- Youth Volunteer Award - Joshua Fleck, Manatee High School
- Individual of Merit Award - Harris Silverman, MD, The Eye Associates
- Physician - Andre Renard, MD
- Nurse - Patty Madsen, RN, Blake Medical Center
- Allied Health Professional - Kimberly Bland, CDA, M. Ed., Manatee Technical Institute
- Adult Volunteer - Wendy Nebrija, MPH, Manatee County Substance Abuse Coalition
- Institution/Program - Turning Points - Medical & Dental Clinic
- Innovation/Research - John Sylvester, MD, Lakewood Ranch Oncology Center
Seated L to R: Wendy Nebrija, MPH, Manatee County Substance Abuse Coalition; Cornelius Turalba, MD;
Joshua Fleck, Manatee High School; Michele Garden, Turning Points.
Standing L to R: Kimberly Bland, CDA, M. Ed., Manatee Technical Institute; John Sylvester, MD, Lakewood
Ranch Oncology Center; Harris Silverman, MD, The Eye Associates; Adell Erozer, Turning Points; Andre
Renard, MD. Not pictured: Patty Madsen, RN, Blake Medical Center.
Join the conversation post Facebook comments here or on our site at the bottom of article.
In Addition to Facebook Comments You Can Also Post Comments Below
Click here to add a Non-Facebook comment to this page
Sign up for our free news subscription - a great way to stay informed!