News Section: Fishing
Captain Favorite's Weekend Fishing Forecast March 21, 2013
BRADENTON -- BRADENTON – There are a few seafood festivals coming up over the next few weeks. One is Bradenton's own Desoto Heritage Seafood festival which will be held in downtown Bradenton from April 5-7. Catch and release night snook fishing in the ICW from Sarasota to Venice should be a good option next week. You should find trout, Spanish mackerel, blues, pompano and more on deep grass flats of Sarasota Bay. You may also find blues and Spanish mackerel in passes when the tide is moving. Look for reds around docks, in potholes and on the edges of bars when the tide is low or on shallow flats on sunny afternoons when the tide is high.
Fort Pierce Seafood Festival March 23
- St. Lucie County, Fla.
- For more information call (772) 466-3880
- Focus: Focus: Enjoy fresh seafood and live entertainment with your family. There will be a free kids zone and other activities from 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Arts, crafts, historical displays, the Little Miss and Mr. Taste of the Sea, and the Miss Taste of the Sea Pageant are a part of this year's festival. Admission is free, so come and enjoy the shrimp, crab cakes, clams, oysters, fish and chips and more. Free parking is available.
- Putnam County
- For more information call (386) 325-4406
- Focus: Arts and crafts, beauty pageant, seafood cook-off, parade, kids rides, family entertainment and Memorial Day tribute. Join us for fun, food and excitement and enjoy downtown Palatka.
- Old Main Street, downtown
- Bradenton, Florida
- Focus: The 73rd Annual Desoto Heritage Seafood Festival is a major attraction off the Manatee River with fresh seafood, artisans, live entertainment, and arts and
A cold front will continue to push southward through the waters tonight with winds and seas increasing in its wake. High pressure will build in on Thursday resulting in lighter winds and subsiding seas. The next frontal system will approach the region during the weekend with winds and seas expected to increase with the front.
North winds around 15 knots then becoming northwest 5 to 10 knots in the afternoon. Bay and inland waters a moderate chop. Thursday night will bring north winds around 5 knots then becoming east around 10 knots after midnight. Bay and inland waters a light chop.
East winds around 10 knots then becoming south in the afternoon. Bay and inland waters a light chop. A slight chance of showers in the afternoon. Friday night will bring southeast winds around 15 knots. Bay and inland waters a moderate chop. A slight chance of thunderstorms.
South winds around 15 knots. Bay and inland waters a moderate chop. A slight chance of thunderstorms. Saturday night will bring south winds around 15 knots. Bay and inland waters a moderate chop. A slight chance of thunderstorms.
Southwest winds around 20 knots. Bay and inland waters choppy. A chance of thunderstorms. Sunday night will bring west winds around 15 knots then becoming northwest around 10 knots after midnight. Bay and inland waters a moderate chop. A chance of thunderstorms.
Click here to add a comment to this page