News Section: Local Government
Palmetto City Commission Agenda Results: 2/4/13
PALMETTO -- At Monday night's meeting, Palmetto City Commissioners viewed and approved the interlocal agreement with Manatee County Commissioners to start building the new Blackstone Park ball fields. Palmetto Commissioners were not without criticism for the way the county constructed the open-to-interpetation contract. Manatee Commissioner Michael Gallen showed up to convey the good faith from the county and assure that no wrenches would be thrown into the works.
1. CITY COMMISSION AGENDA APPROVAL
Action Request: Motion to approve the February 4, 2013 Agenda. -- Approved, Unanimous.
2. CONSENT AGENDA APPROVAL
A. City Clerk’s Office:
1. Resolution 2013-06 BB&T Lease Documents -- Approved, Unanimous
2. Resolution 2013-07 Budget Amendment -- Approved, Unanimous
3. Ratification of the PBA Agreement -- Approved, Unanimous
4. Resolution 2013-01 CRA Budget Cleanup -- Approved, Unanimous
Action Request: Motion to approve the February 4, 2013 Consent Agenda. (All items were voted on separately)
3. INTERLOCAL AGREEMENT WITH MANATEE COUNTY (M. Barnebey)
Review of the Interlocal Agreement with Manatee County for the Blackstone Ball Field Park Project.
Action Request: Motion to approve and authorize the Mayor to execute the Interlocal Agreement regarding Blackstone Park Ball Fields Project between Manatee County. -- Approved, Unanimous (full story to follow)
4. SANCTUARY COVE REQUEST FOR ONE YEAR BOND EXTENSION (A.Tusing/M. Barnebey)
Application of Subdivision Code Amendments (CH. 26-27&28) to extend the performance security bond one additional year and the defect security bond for one remaining year.
Action request: Motion to approve the aforementioned documents as recommended by staff to grant a one year extension of the performance bond and a final year for the defect security bond for Sanctuary Cove.-- Postponed to later date
5. 1st READ ORDINANCE 2013-02 (M. BARNEBEY)
AN ORDINANCE OF THE CITY COMMISSION FOR THE CITY OF PALMETTO, FLORIDA, AMENDING CODE OF ORDINANCES, ZONING CODE, REGULATING TEMPORARY USES; REGULATING THE USE AND OPERATION OF PUSHCARTS AND MOBILE FOOD VENDORS ON RIGHTS-OF-WAY WITHIN THE CITY AND PRIVATE PROPERTY; PROVIDING FOR REPEAL OF ORDINANCES IN CONFLICT; PROVIDING FOR SEVERABILITY ; AND PROVIDING FOR AN EFFECTIVE DATE.
Action Request: Motion to schedule and authorize the advertising of Ordinance 2013-02 for two public hearings. -- Postponed to later date
6. BASEBALL FIELD UPDATE -- None
7. ASR WELL UPDATE -- Continued, as test proved smaller pumps may be an option.
8. DEPARTMENT HEADS’ COMMENTS -- Ward one, Phase two, has an overrun of $180,000. Motion to transfer $52,037.39 from the "road and bridge fund" to pay due invoice. -- Approved, Unanimous
9. MAYOR’S REPORT -- The 4-H "Bullrider" fundraiser went off well. Mayor Bryant invited DOT for a conversation on the 7th Street traffic light issue. Tomorrow, the Mayor speaks at the Rotary Club
10. COMMISSIONERS’ COMMENTS --
Williams -- "I am completely disappointed in the way the county handled the (ball field) contract."
Davis -- "I attended the Tampa Bay Regional Planning Council meeting. It was very interesting."
Smith -- Commissioner Smith requested an update as to the progress on the Mayor's selection to the five-member Housing Authority.
CLOSE COMMISSION MEETING
OPEN CRA MEETING
1. CRA BOARD AGENDA APPROVAL
Action Request: Motion to approve the February 4, 2013 CRA Board Agenda. -- Approved, Unanimous
2. CRA CONSENT AGENDA
A. Minutes: January 7, 2013
B. Resolution 2013-01 Budget Amendment
C. Blalock Walters Legal Bills
Action Request: Motion to approve the February 4, 2013 CRA Consent Agenda -- Approved, Unanimous
3. CRA DIRECTOR’S COMMENTS -- None
4. PRESIDING OFFICER’S COMMENTS -- None
5. CRA BOARD MEMBERS’ COMMENTS -- None
6. PUBLIC COMMENTS FOR THE CRA BOARD -- None
Reconvene the February 4, 2013 City Commission meeting.
Click here to add a comment to this page