News Section: Local Government
Sarasota/Manatee MPO Agenda Results: 10/22/12
SARASOTA -- At Monday's MPO meeting, not much was on the agenda. Commissioners Joe McClash, Donna Hayes and Jon Thaxton, all said their farewells to the board, as it was their last MPO meeting of their terms. In other business, Miles Ballogg gave a presentation on what the Brownfields Cleanup Revolving Loan Fund has to offer.
THE MPO BOARD WILL ACCEPT PUBLIC COMMENT ON ALL ITEMS ON THIS AGENDA
Public input will be limited to two minutes per person per agenda item. Anyone wishing to speak on a specific agenda item or under the Open to the Public Section is requested to fill out a “Public Comment” card and provide it to MPO staff.
Call to Order
INVOCATION: Commissioner Joe McClash
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
Confirmation of Quorum
I. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
(Items not on the agenda)
II. CAC/TAC CHAIR'S REPORT
1. The Citizen Advisory Committee (CAC and Technical Advisory Committee did not meet in the month of October. Welcome Michael Treubert as the new non-voting Advisory MPO Member.
III. FDOT REPORT
1. FDOT will provide the MPO with an update on activities and issues and provide the MPO Board members an opportunity to direct questions.
IV. MPO EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR’S REPORT
1. The MPO Executive Director, Michael Howe, will update the Board Members on activities and issues. -- The new year has started and there is a new Transportation Bill. There will be a presentation at the December meeting. Commissioner Patterson said several million dollars has been taken from the Honore Project, but appreciates the $1.8 million that has been restored. MPO Director Michael Howe said not to forget that this Wednesday is the Regional Governance Workshop in Orlando.
V. CHAIR’S REPORT
1. The MPO Chair, Mayor Shirley Groover Bryant, will update the Board Members on activities and issues. -- Mayor Bryant commended Commissioner Joe McClash for his years sitting and chairing the MPO starting back to 1991. She also thanked Commissioner Donna Hayes and Commissioner Jon Thaxton for their MPO service as well. It was their last meeting as MPO members. All three received Plaques and applause.
VI. CONSENT SECTION All matters listed under the Consent Section are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired by an MPO Board member, that item will be removed from the Consent Section and will be considered at the end of the section. --
1. Approval of September 24, 2012 Meeting Minutes -- Approved, Unanimous
VII. ADVERTISED PUBLIC HEARING
1. Amendment to the FY 2012/13 – 2016/17 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) -- Approved, Unanimous
Fred Peters responded to Commissioner McClash's reminder that the 301 bridge project is the most important one on the list. McClash said that area of the bridge and corridor suffered from more congestion then any other. Peters said there is one project for the bridge and one for the corridor.
VIII. BOARD ACTION
1. NO ITEMS
2. Joint Meeting – Charlotte County-Punta Gorda MPO -- The consensus is that the board is not in favor of a merger of the boards, should one again be proposed.
3. MPO Office Potential Relocation -- Efforts to find a permanent site was not well received. The cost would be an additional $20,000, and an ideal location couldn't be agreed upon. Motion to remove it from agenda and have staff study each option. -- Approved, Unanimous
X. REPORTS AND PRESENTATIONS (May Require Board Action)
1. Brownfields Update -- Presented by: Miles Ballogg; described the purpose of the Brownfields Cleanup Revolving Loan Fund, what qualifies and what doesn't. How applicants can participate and the limitations of the program. Motion to ask MPO staff to apply for grants -- Approved, Unanimous (Full Story)
Click here to add a comment to this page