News Section: Local Government
Palmetto City Commission Agenda Results: 10/15/2012
PALMETTO -- Sutton Park is getting close. 6th Street is being paved, and a resolution is going forward to designate the CRA District to be called "Palmetto Economic Enhancement District." It will officially qualify as a "Brownsfield" area. The new district would not include Riviera Dunes. The Pittsburgh Pirates donate $500,000 toward the new North River Little League fields.
1. CITY COMMISSION AGENDA APPROVAL
Action Request: Motion to approve the October 15, 2012 Agenda. -- Approved, 3 - 0, Williams and Zirkelbach absent.
2. CONSENT AGENDA APPROVAL -
A. City Clerk’s Office:
1. Minutes: September 24 and October 1, 2012
2. Special Function Permits: Palmetto High School Homecoming Parade. MLK Parade
3. Manatee River Fair Association License Agreement for Exhibitors
4. Resolution No. 2012-34-Budget Amendment
5. Bryant Miller Olive Legal Billing
B. Public Works
1. Renewal of engineering contracts: Lombardo, Foley, & Kolarik, Inc.
Action Request: Motion to approve the October 15, 2012 Consent Agenda. -- Approved, Unanimous
3. DISCUSSION BROWNFIELDS DESIGNATION (J. Burton)
Staff will present an update on the process for a resolution designating the CRA district, minus Riviera Dunes, as a brownfields area, to be called the “Palmetto Economic Enhancement District.”
Ready to put out mailer of 500 names to inform public. CRA designated area for Brownfields (possible contamination). It is a Brownfield if it's contamination gets in the way of development. The recent kerosene tank found on 5th. St. when resurfacing the road is the cause. As a brownsfield, it makes the site eligible for grants that test for contaminates.
4. DISCUSSION: PROCEDURES FOR THE CITY COMMISSION MEETINGS (M. Barnebey)
Staff to discuss the adoption of rules and procedures for City Commission meetings. Moves forward to next meeting.
5 SEPTEMBER CHECK REGISTER (Informational Only)
Recess the City Commission meeting to open the October 15, 2012 CRA Board meeting. Approve CRA meeting and consent agenda
1. CRA BOARD AGENDA APPROVAL
Action Request: Motion to approve the October 15, 2012 CRA Board Agenda. -- Approved, Unanimous
2. CRA CONSENT AGENDA -- Approved, Unanimous, A & B
A. Minutes: October 1, 2012
B. Commercial Façade Enhancement Grant Program amendment 2012-02 and
extension of the Temporary Maintenance and Crime Prevention Through
Environmental Design (CPTED) provisions.
C. Storefront Grant #13-01 to Riviera Dunes Marina Condominium Assoc., Inc.
in an amount not to exceed $10,260.88 -- not to exceed $10,000 -- Approved, Unanimous
3. CRA DIRECTOR’S COMMENTS -- 5th Street will be paved by the 6th. Go forward finishing storefronts. Lowest price.
4. PRESIDING OFFICER’S COMMENTS -- none
5. CRA BOARD MEMBERS’ COMMENTS -- none
6. PUBLIC COMMENTS FOR THE CRA BOARD -- none
Reconvene the City Commission meeting.
6. BASEBALL FIELD UPDATE -- Cindy Turner receives $500,000 from Pittsburgh Pirates to add to City of Palmetto's $800,000 for NRALL fields.
7. ASR WELL UPDATE -- Next Monday, first meeting after completion
8. 5 th STREET STREETSCAPE AND SUTTON PARK PROJECTS UPDATE -- Discussed at CRA (5th St. being paved)
9. DEPARTMENT HEADS’ COMMENTS -- Discuss contract for cleaning at next meeting.
10. MAYOR’S REPORT -- Saturday had healthy turnout for Children's Summit; the Mayor was a judge at the Classic Car Show.
11. COMMISSIONERS’ COMMENTS --
Smith-- Public Works Ward 1 says they had two sidewalks not one; wants tow to be put back -- would like list of contracts when vendors contracts expire.
Cornwell -- Are we ready for Holloween? Sheriff Wells says yes.
Zirk -- no comments
Williams -- This is national lunch week.
Vanadore -- no comments
Click here to add a comment to this page