News Section: Local Government
Palmetto City Commission Meeting Agenda Results: 9/10/2012
PALMETTO -- Palmetto commissioners approved a community development block grant for the 28th Avenue and 13th Street drainage project, and appointed three members for the CDGB Citizens Task Force. The board also approved a one-time payment for city employees whom haven't had a raise or other additional compensation since 2010.
CITIZEN RECOGNITION:Police Department and Suncoast Safekids will recognize Rosemary Pifferetti -- Rosemary was walking by a car in a Walmart parking lot and noticed a baby in a parked car with the windows rolled-up and called 911.
Accepting: Harold Crapo, Jr., Vice President
Florida Society of the Sons of the American Revolution -- Saramana Chapter Mr Crapo said as he always does, "Everyone needs to carry a copy of the Constitution with them and defend it."
Non-agenda Item Public Comment: Comments shall be limited to two minutes. Commission does not generally take action on any matter raised during these public comments, but may direct the matter to be placed on the agenda of a future meeting, if appropriate.
1. CITY COMMISSION AGENDA APPROVAL
Action Request: Motion to approve the September 10, 2012 Agenda. -- Approved, Unanimous
2. CONSENT AGENDA APPROVAL -
A. CITY CLERK’S OFFICE
1. Minutes: August 20, 26, and 28, 2012
2. Correction of February 28, 2011 Minutes
3. Special Litigation Billing: Bryant Miller Olive and Blalock Walters
4. Special Function Permits: Palmetto Riverside B&B
First Baptist Church Fall Festival Slick’s Garage First Friday’s, October 5, November 2, and December 7, 2012 -- A-4, pulled for discussion --.Motion to delay to Nov. 2, -- Approved, Unanimous
Action Request: Motion to approve the September 10, 2012 Consent Agenda.- Excluding A-4 -- Approved, Unanimous.
3. CITIZENS ADVISORY TASK FORCE APPOINTMENT (J. Freeman)
The Citizens Task Force comprised of two City residents and one City staff member will make a recommendation regarding application for a Community Development Block Grant (CDBG).
Action Request: Motion to appoint Bill Belle, Joyce Kotecki, and Jeff Burton to the CDBG Citizens Advisory Task Force. -- Approved, Unanimous
4. 1st. PUBLIC HEARING FOR THE CDBG GRANT (J. Freeman)
Commission will accept public comment regarding the City’s application for a CDBG grant up to $750,000. If awarded, the grant will assist the City in funding the 28th Avenue revitalization and 13th Street drainage.
Action Request: Motion to allow staff to proceed with the application and categories of choice. -- Approved, Unanimious
5. CDBG 2012 FAIR HOUSING WORKSHOP (J. Freeman)
Guardian and the City will conduct a Fair Housing workshop for the realtors and property owners. The workshop will provide education regarding the Fair Housing Act and citizen’s rights pertaining to the Fair Housing Act. -- Guardian Project Manager/Inspector, Antonino Jenkins delivered an exe lent presentation to the criteria and requirements needed to qualify for CDGB grants. --
Action Request: Motion to accept the Fair Housing statement as read. -- Full-time employees, $1,000, Part-time, $500, and $250, for crossing guards. Not to exceed $171,345.00 total for all -- Approved, 4 -- 1, Smith dissenting - (Smith wants to clarify stipulations with city attorney)
6. PROPOSAL FOR ONE-TIME PAYMENT OF COMPENSATION (J. Freeman)
Staff to review timing and amount of one-time payment of compensation to employees.
Action Request: Motion to approve Policy 2012-01 and authorize staff to proceed with a one-time payment of compensation to employees in accordance with that policy in the amount of $162,839 payable in December 2012. not to exceed $171,345 -- subject to police negotiation. -- Approve, Unanimous
7. DUAL AUTHENTICATION AND SINGLE SIGN-ON FOR POLICE DEPARTMENT (R. Wells)
The Palmetto Police Department would like to contract with Imprivata for the implementation of an Advanced Authentication (AA) solution.
Action Request: Motion to approve and authorize staff to purchase the dual authentication/single sign-on technology from sole source vendor Imprivata via the distributer Computer Discount Warehouse Government (CDW-G) in the amount of $29,440 -- Approved, Unanimously
Recess City Commission meeting to open the September 10, 2012 CRA Board meeting. CRA open.
1. CRA BOARD AGENDA APPROVAL
Action Request: Motion to approve the September 10, 2012 CRA Board Agenda -- Approved, Unanimous
2. CRA CONSENT AGENDA
A. Minutes: August 6, 2012
Action Request: Motion to approve the September 10, 2012 CRA Consent Agenda -- Approved, Unanimous
3. 5th STREET WEST REVITALIZATION AND LID IMPLEMENTATION PROJECT CHANGE ORDER (J. Burton)
This change order was discussed at the August 20, 2012 Commission meeting where Commission decided to approve the expenditure, but required the item to come back before the CRA Board for approval since the funding is a CRA expenditure.
Action Request: Motion to approve the change order on the 5th Street Revitalization and LID Implementation project for resurfacing in the amount of $32,687.93 which will be funded from the CRA budget. -- Approved, Unanimous
4. STORE FRONT GRANT SFG #12-09 (J. Burton)
Application by Heartland Fertilizer, CO., located at 917 11th Avenue West.
Action Request: Motion to approve Store Front Grant #12-09, 917 11th Avenue West, in an amount not to exceed $1,648.20 expensed from 1905598211. -- Approved, Unanimous
5. SUTTON PARK PLAY AREA (J. Burton)
CRA has prepared a conceptual plan for the Sutton Park play area.
Action Request: Motion to approve Sutton Park play area conceptual plan and amend current Stellar Development contract to change the scope to include Sutton Park play area not to exceed $215,000.00 with a $35,000.00 construction expenditure account. -- No Action
Reconvene the City Commission meeting.
8. AUGUST CHECK REGISTER (INFORMATIONAL ONLY)
9. BASEBALL FIELD UPDATE City Mayor will attend BOCC 9/11/2012 -- time certain 1:30 p.m. to get clarification to plans and ask questions.
10. ASR WELL UPDATE -- Sept. 24, will be ready for work assignment.
11. 5th STREET STREETSCAPE AND SUTTON PARK PROJECTS UPDATE
12. DEPARTMENT HEADS’ COMMENTS Public Works, Allen Tusing, Ward - 1 curb base material in, 3rd. week of Oct. will be complete.
13. MAYOR’S REPORT Mayor reminds everyone to clean out their pantries to assist meals-on-wheels. Stock is very low.
14. COMMISSIONERS’ COMMENTS -- Commissioner Smith wants the city to be sure all construction projects don't have any roads blocked and open access everywhere so there's no obstructions for Nov. 6th voters.
If any person desires to appeal any decision of the City Commission, CRA Board, or of any other Board of the City, that person will need to ensure that a verbatim record of the proceedings is made, which record includes the testimony and evidence upon which the appeal is to be based (FS §286.0105).
The City of Palmetto does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, marital status or handicapped status in employment or in the provision of services. Handicapped individuals may receive special accommodation in services on forty-eight hours notice (FS §286.26). Anyone requiring reasonable accommodation for this meeting as provided for in the American with Disabilities Act should contact the City Clerk by telephone at 941-723-4570, fax 941-723-4576 or e-mail email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to add a comment to this page