News Section: Fishing
Captain Favorite's Weekend Fishing Forecast Sept. 6, 2012
BRADENTON -- Captain Rick Grassett urges anglers to catch and release snook before dawn and then move to the flats for trout and reds in Sarasota Bay next week. Tarpon in upper Charlotte Harbor should also be a good option. Check the coastal gulf for false albacore (little tunny), Spanish mackerel and more when sea conditions are calm, which Weather Underground predicts will be the case all weekend.
- Join us for the third annual all ladies fishing tournament on Charlotte Harbor.
- Teams consisting of 3 female anglers will be challenged with catching 5 ladyfish & 1 redfish. The winners will be determined by the combined weight of their Ladyfish and Redfish.
- The weekend festivities will kick off on Friday evening with a Welcome Reception with hor d'oeuvres and a Silent Auction.
- Saturdayís fishing kicks off with a continental breakfast on the patio before our teams head down the harbor to catch their fish.
- 3:00pm Weigh In at Laishley Crab House with a Anglers Buffet with raffle before the Awards Ceremony
- Proceeds from raffle and auction to be donated to breast cancer research and support.
- For more information visit www.flatsmasters.com or call 941-637-5953
An increase in moisture will provide isolated to scattered showers and thunderstorms across the Gulf waters during the next several days. A low pressure system will form across the northeast Gulf of Mexico tonight and continue through the end of the week. The National Hurricane Center is showing a low probability that this system will develop into a tropical depression over the next few days. This system will bring increasing south to southwest flow and building seas through the weekend and possibly more widespread shower and thunderstorm activity to the area late in the weekend as it combines with a cold front and tracks across northern Florida.
South winds around 10 knots. Bay and inland waters a light chop. Scattered thunderstorms. Thursday night will bring south winds around 10 knots. Bay and inland waters a light chop. Isolated thunderstorms after midnight.
Southwest winds around 10 knots. Bay and inland waters a light chop. Scattered thunderstorms. Friday night will bring southwest winds around 5 knots then becoming south after midnight. Bay and inland waters smooth. Scattered thunderstorms in the evening then isolated thunderstorms after midnight.
Southwest winds around 10 knots. Bay and inland waters a light chop. Scattered thunderstorms. Saturday night will bring southwest winds around 15 knots. Bay and inland waters a moderate chop. Scattered thunderstorms.
Southwest winds around 20 knots. Bay and inland waters choppy. Scattered thunderstorms. Sunday night will bring west winds around 15 knots. Bay and inland waters a moderate chop. Scattered thunderstorms.
Merab is a writer at the Bradenton Times. She can be reached at email@example.com
Click here to add a comment to this page