News Section: Local Government
Palmetto City Commission Meeting Results: 8/20/2012
PALMETTO -- At the Palmetto City Commission meeting Monday, commissioners voted to extend the moratorium on internet and sweepstakes gaming cafe application approvals until March 31, 2013. In other business, Sutton Park is nearing completion and the Bradenton Marauders will be hosting a "City of Palmetto Night" to benefit the North River American Little League.
1. CITY COMMISSION AGENDA APPROVAL
Action Request: Motion to approve the August 20, 2012 Agenda. -- Approved Unanimous
2. CONSENT AGENDA APPROVAL
A. CITY CLERK’S OFFICE
1. Minutes: July 30, 2012 and August 6, 2012
2. Disposition of surplus property
B. PUBLIC WORKS
1. Renewal of contract with CINTAS for an additional year
Action Request: Motion to approve the August 20, 2012 Consent Agenda. --Approved Unanimous
3. RESOLUTION NO. 2012-20 PARKS IMPACT FEE TRANSFER (J. Freeman)
A RESOLUTION OF THE CITY COMMISSION OF THE CITY OF PALMETTO, FLORIDA, AMENDING RESOLUTION NO. 2011-31, WHICH RESOLUTION ADOPTED THE BUDGET FOR FISCAL YEAR 2011-2012, AND PROVIDING FOR AN EFFECTIVE DATE.
Action Request: Motion to adopt Resolution No. 2012-20. -- Approved Unanimous
4. RESOLUTION NO. 2012-21 EXTENDING INTERNET AND SWEEPSTAKES GAMING CAFÉ (M. Barnebey)
A RESOLUTION OF THE CITY OF PALMETTO, FLORIDA, EXTENDING THE MORATORIUM AS TO THE FILING AND/OR PROCESSING OF APPLICATIONS FOR THE ESTABLISHMENT OF BUSINESSES KNOWN AS INTERNET OR SWEEPSTAKES GAMING CAFES ADOPTED PURSUANT TO ORDINANCE 2012-01; PROVIDING THAT SAID MORATORIUM SHALL BE IN EFFECT UNTIL MARCH 31, 2013 OR SHALL TERMINATE ON THE EFFECTIVE DATE OF THE CITY’S ADOPTION OF LAND USE AND DEVELOPMENT REGULATIONS TO REGULATE INTERNET/SWEEPSTAKES CAFES; AND PROVIDING AN EFFECTIVE DATE.
Action Request: Motion to adopt Resolution No. 2012-21. --Approved Unanimous
5. RECOMMENDATION OF AWARD FOR COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT BLOCK GRANT (CDBG) ADMINISTRATION SERVICES (J. Freeman)
The RFP review committee recommends awarding the bid to Guardian Community Resource Management, Inc., for grant administration services.
Action Request: Motion to approve and authorize the Mayor to execute an agreement between the City and Guardian Community Resource Management, Inc., for grant administration services in the amount not to exceed $48,750.00. -- Approved Unanimous
6. PUBLIC HEARING CONDITIONAL USE PERMIT CU 2012-04 (L.Lyn)
Application by LKC Properties, LLC, located at 923 4th Street West for a child care center within the Commercial Core (CC) zoning district.
Open the public hearing.
Action Request: Motion to continue the public hearing on Conditional Use Permit CU 2012-04 until September 24, 2012 at 7:00 p.m. or as soon thereafter as same can be heard in these chambers. -- Approved Unanimous
7. PUBLIC HEARING ROY FAMILY RANCHES PROJECT DEVELOPMENT AGREEMENT 2012-01 (L. Lyn)
This is a Development Agreement to defer drainage facilities at 2007 and 2011 21st Street West.
Open the public hearing.
Close the public hearing after public comment.
Action Request: Motion to approve the Development Agreement for Roy Family Ranches Project Development Agreement 2012-01. -- Approved Unanimous
8. ROY FAMILY RANCHES SUBDIVISION FINAL PLAT (L. Lyn)
Proposed final plat for Roy Family Ranches Subdivision.
Action Request: Motion to approve or deny the final plat for Roy Family Ranches Subdivision. -- Approved Unanimous
9. BASEBALL FIELD UPDATE -- Mayor Bryant says Manatee County's administrator Ed Hunzeker will have information this week.
10. ASR WELL UPDATE
11. 5TH STREET STREETSCAPE AND SUTTON PARK PROJECTS UPDATE -- Allocate funds now and get reimbursed by CRA. -- Approved Unanimous
12. DEPARTMENT HEADS’ COMMENTS -- Public Works -- 5th Street and 9th Ave. will be closed from August 23 to 27th. -- City Clerk -- September 24, final budget meeting.
13. MAYOR’S REPORT -- City of Palmetto Night at McKechnie Field, Tuesday, August 28, 2012 Marauders Game -- $3 from every $5 ticket is donated to NRALL (North River American Little League). See You There
14. COMMISSIONERS’ COMMENTS
Click here to add a comment to this page