News Section: Fishing
Captain Favorite's Weekend Fishing Forecast April 12, 2012
BRADENTON -- In our new weekend segment we will now be featuring a fishing/boating related product -- this week check out the book Bheestie Bags, a revolutionary device that can actually save small electronics from water and moisture damage. Whether itís an accidental spill on your phone, camera or iPod; or the device was used outdoors with moisture in the air- this is a solution that any hiker, fisher, runner, cyclist, snowboarder/skier, etc., should have on hand. Boating events scheduled for this weekend include the De Soto Bottle Boat Regatta will take place on the south side of the Palma Sola Causeway on Saturday, April 14. Bring the family to see teams compete in homemade boats of all shapes, sizes and themes!
Product of the Week
Bheestie Bags are revolutionary devices that can actually save small electronics from water and moisture damage. Whether itís an accidental spill on your phone, camera or iPod; or the device was used outdoors with moisture in the air- this is a solution that any hiker, fisher, runner, cyclist, snowboarder/skier, etc., should have on hand. Here's how Bheestie Bags work, simply remove the battery from the electronic device (if applicable), and drop the device in the Bheestie Bag, zip and seal. It can be done overnight, or immediately after an 'accident' or daily for preventative measures. It contains powerful water absorbing beads that physically bond and removing the water, proven to be much more successful than any home remedy. The bag can last up to a year for everyday use or less if used for extreme soaking. www.Bheestie.com
De Soto Heritage Festival Bottle Boat Regatta
- The wet, wacky and wild De Soto Heritage Festival Bottle Boat Regatta is back and as usual, the event is packed full of fun. The regatta will once again be held on the South side of the Palma Sola Causeway on April 10, 2012. Bring the family out to see teams compete in home made boats of all shapes, sizes and themes!
- Witness various teams of friends, co-workers and children who have spent countless hours fabricating an array of exotic-looking boats that float on hundreds of plastic bottles! Teams row the bottle boats with paddles to get from the start to finish line. Teams will compete for a wide range of awards from fastest boat to best dressed crewe and more! Itís sure to be fun for all.
- Disabled anglers in the Open/Team Competition are paired with able-bodied boat partners for the two-day event. On day one, only the disabled anglers compete. The boat partners serve as coaches and help locate fish and choose baits. On day two, the paired anglers compete as a team for cash prizes. Although only the anglers with disabilities fish in the Open Competition, awards and prizes are given to both anglers and boat partners. Disabled anglers in the Bank Competition are paired with volunteers who assist them in fishing. Prizes are awarded based on the total weight of the five heaviest fish on each day's tournament.
- The tournament will be held at Lake Toho
- April 13, 2012 05:00 p.m. - April 15, 2012 03:00 p.m.
CBís Saltwater Outfitters Orvis-Endorsed Fly Fishing School, Apr 14, 2012
- CBís Saltwater Outfitters, 1249 Stickney Point Rd., on Siesta Key in Sarasota, FL will hold an Orvis-Endorsed fly fishing school on Apr. 14, 2012. The school will cover fly casting basics, line control, shooting line and the roll cast.
- Orvis-Endorsed outfitter guide, Capt. Rick Grassett, will also cover leader construction, fly selection and saltwater fly fishing techniques. The course, designed for beginning and intermediate fly casters, will focus on basics but also work with intermediate casters on correcting faults and improving casting skills.
- Cost for the school, which will run from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m., is $150 per person and includes the use of premium Orvis fly tackle, a text book and lunch. Contact CBís Saltwater Outfitters at (941) 349-4400 firstname.lastname@example.org to make reservations.
A cold front will move across the Gulf waters today and tonight with high pressure building back over the area Thursday and Friday. The pressure gradient will tighten over the weekend with increasing east winds and building seas.
North winds around 15 knots. Bay and inland waters a moderate chop. Thursday night will bring northeast winds 10 to 15 knots. Bay and inland waters a moderate chop.
East winds around 10 knots. Bay and inland waters a moderate chop.Friday night will bring East winds around 15 knots. Bay and inland waters a moderate chop.
East winds around 15 knots. Bay and inland waters a moderate chop.
Northeast winds around 15 knots. Bay and inland waters a moderate chop.
|To create your own tide chart, follow the link to www.noaa.com|
Merab is a writer at the Bradenton Times. She can be reached at email@example.com
Click here to add a comment to this page