News Section: Local Government
Metropolitan Planning Organization Agenda Results for June 27, 2011
SARASOTA/MANATEE METROPOLITAN PLANNING ORGANIZATION
Holiday Day Inn Sarasota Bradenton Airport
8009 15th Street East (Old 301)
Sarasota, Florida 34243
AGENDA FOR JUNE 27, 2011
I. OPEN TO THE PUBLIC In a novel salute to America's Independence Day, Bradenton Councilwoman Marianne Barneby opened the meeting by distributing the lyrics to "My Country Tis of Thee" and led the audience in a rendition of the song.
(Items not on the agenda)
II. CAC/TAC CHAIR'S REPORT
1. The Chairs of the Citizen Advisory Committee (CAC), Dorian Popescu, and Technical Advisory Committee (TAC), George McKay, will update the MPO on those committees’ activities and provide the MPO Board an opportunity to direct questions.
III. FDOT REPORT
1. The FDOT District One Secretary, Stanley M. Cann, will provide the MPO with an update on activities and issues and provide the MPO Board members an opportunity to direct questions. In response to continuing requests for access to the I-75 fiber optic conduit, members unanimously a approved a motion write a letter to the Governor, local delegation and state DOT officials in support of permitting use of the conduit by cities, so that they won't become customers of large companies already using the right of way for their own fiber projects.
IV. MPO EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR’S REPORT
1. The MPO Executive Director, Michael Howe, will update the Board Members on activities and issues.
V. CHAIR’S REPORT
1. The MPO Chair, Commissioner David Garofalo, will update the Board Members on activities and issues.
VI. CONSENT SECTION Approved 15-0
1. Approval of Meeting Minutes
Staff will seek a motion to approve the April 25, 2011 Meeting Minutes.
2. FY 2010/11 – 2011/12 Unified Planning Work Program (UPWP) Amendment
Staff will seek a motion to approve amending the FY 2010/2011 – 2011/2010 UPWP.
3. Reappointment to the Citizen Advisory Committee (CAC)
Staff will seek a motion to ratify the CAC reappointment.
4. Federal Transit Grant for 2011/2012
Staff will seek a motion to adopt Resolution No. ______ authorizing staff to file a Grant Application and any related agreements with the FDOT who is the Administrator of these funds.
5. Transportation Disadvantaged Trust Fund Grant for 2011/2012
Staff will seek a motion to adopt Resolution No. ____ authorizing staff to file a grant application and any related agreements with the State Commission for the Transportation Disadvantaged and authorization for Chair to sign same.
VII. ADVERTISED PUBLIC HEARING
1. Amendment to the FY 2010/2011 – 2014/2015 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP)
Staff will recommend approval of FDOT’s request to amend the TIP Approved 15-0
2. Adoption of the Fiscal Year (FY) 2011/2012 – 2015/2016 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP)
Recommend MPO Board adopting the FY 2011/20112 -2015/2016 TIP. In a motion by Manatee Co. Commissioner Larry Bustle, the MPO took the final step, required before July 15, to approve the 5-year Transportation Improvement Plan and related documents prioritizing area transportation-related projects. As feared, a "sweep" - some called it "a swipe" of the transportation trust fund for general state purposes occurred, but enough was left so that FDOT Region 1 will not have to delay or defer any of its planned projects, FDOT Region 1 secretary Stan Cann told the board. Approved 15-0
VIII. BOARD ACTION
1. Project Priorities
Staff will seek a motion for Board adoption of the 2011 Project Priority Lists for Enhancement, CMS and Major Improvement.Approved 14-1 (Jim Bennett, Venice)
2. Amended Interlocal Agreement for Joint Regional Transportation Planning and Coordination Between the Sarasota/Manatee and Charlotte County-Punta Gorda MPOs Approved 15-0
Review and approve update of regional agreement with Charlotte County-Punta Gorda MPO including Memorandum of Understanding (Exhibit “G” attached to Agreement) regarding regional prioritization negotiations between the MPOs.
3. Transportation Regional Incentive Program (TRIP) - Trails Project Priority Lists. Approved 15-0
Staff will seek motions by the Board to ratify and adopt the negotiated project priorities lists for the TRIP and Regional Trails Enhancement Program with the Charlotte County-Punta Gorda MPO and Polk TPO.
b) Regional Trails
4. Executive Director Employment Agreement Approved 15-0 -- MPO Executive Director is one of the few, if only, local officials to get a pay raise. His contract calls for a 4%, 5% and 6% raise in each of the next three years.
Review and approve recommendation by the MPO Board Executive Director Employment Agreement Committee to renew Employment Agreement with Executive Director.
IX. REPORTS AND PRESENTATIONS (May Require Board Action)
There are no reports and presentations scheduled.
X. COMMITTEE REPORTS
1. Tampa Bay Area Regional Transportation Authority (TBARTA)
XI. NEXT MEETING DATE
The next MPO Board Meeting will be held July 25, 2011 Executive Director Michael Howe advised that this meeting may be cancelled due to other conflicts.