The Bradenton Times Events
B.R. Library Discussion Group: Karen Russell's "Swamplandia"
Date: November 13, 2012Time: 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm
4915 53rd Avenue East
The Friends of the Braden River Library are pleased to invite readers who enjoy talking about what they’ve read to join the library's monthly Book Discussion Group.
The group meets on the second Tuesday of each month from 6:30 - 7:30 p.m. The following titles are scheduled for discussion:
- July 10, 2012 – Helen Simonson’s "Major Pettigrew’s Last Stand"
- August 14, 2012 – Nora Ephron’s "I Remember Nothing"
- September 11, 2012 – Toni Morrison's "A Mercy"
- October 9, 2012 - Jamie Ford's "Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet"
- November 13, 2012 - Karen Russell's "Swamplandia"
- December 11, 2012 - Paula Mclain's "The Paris Wife"
Anyone interested in joining the discussion is welcome and encouraged to do so. The meetings are free and open to everyone, and no advance registration is required. Seating will be available on a first come, first serve basis.
The Friends are a support organization for Manatee County’s Braden River Branch Library. Monies raised by the Friends go toward programs and services that tax dollars alone cannot provide.
The Braden River Branch Library is located at 4915 53rd Avenue East in Bradenton, Florida. For more information, please call the library at 941.727.6079.
For general information about the Manatee County Public Library System, visit us on the web at www.mymanatee.org/library.