The Bradenton Times Events
Bradenton City Council Meeting
Date: May 9, 2012Time: 8:30 am
101 Old Main St
BRADENTON CITY COUNCIL
8:30 a.m. Wednesday, May 9
City Hall Council Chambers, 101 Old Main St.
1. INVOCATION AND PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:
Invocation led by Pastor Tom Winter of Elwood Park Baptist Church.
- Teen Pregnancy Prevention and Sexual Health Awareness Month - May 2012
- Code Enforcement Officers’ Appreciation Week - June 4-8, 2012.
- Legislative recap from Rep. Jim Boyd.
- Mireya Eavey, Executive Director of CareerEdge, to talk about CareerEdge’s community planning award.
4. ADMINISTERING THE OATH:
5. CITIZEN COMMENTS:
6. CONSENT AGENDA:
a) Minutes from April 11 council meeting.
b) Department of Corrections work squad contract.
c) Request from South Florida Museum to close parking spaces on east side of 10th Street West for Snooty’s birthday celebration on July 21.
7. BUSINESS/ADVERTISING, PETITIONS, HEARINGS AND COMMUNICATIONS:
8. NEW BUSINESS BY DEPARTMENT HEADS, CITY ATTORNEY AND COUNCIL:
Carl Callahan, City Clerk & Treasurer
A RESOLUTION OF THE CITY OF BRADENTON, FLORIDA, AUTHORIZING THE ISSUANCE OF ITS REFUNDING REVENUE BOND, SERIES 2012 IN THE PRINCIPAL AMOUNT OF NOT TO EXCEED $1,975,000 TO REFUND AN OUTSTANDING LOAN, AS MORE FULLY DESCRIBED HEREIN; AUTHORIZING THE PRIVATE NEGOTIATED SALE OF THE SERIES 2012 BOND TO BRANCH BANKING AND TRUST COMPANY PURSUANT TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF A LOAN AGREEMENT WITH THE FLORIDA MUNICIPAL LOAN COUNCIL AND BRANCH BANKING AND TRUST COMPANY; APPROVING THE EXECUTION AND DELIVERY OF SAID LOAN AGREEMENT; MAKING SUCH DETERMINATIONS AS ARE REQUIRED TO AFFORD THE SERIES 2012 BOND “BANK QUALIFIED” STATUS; PROVIDING CERTAIN OTHER MATTERS IN CONNECTION WITH THE ISSUANCE OF THE SERIES 2012 BOND; AND PROVIDING AN EFFECTIVE DATE.
9. BUSINESS BY APPOINTMENT:
10. COUNCIL REPORTS:
11 DEPARTMENT HEAD REPORTS: