The Community Notices
“Our hearts go out to the families who have been affected by this break in." said James Frame, Board President of Manatee County Habitat for Humanity. "It is disappointing for these families and their children to be delayed on moving into their new homes. Our mission is resolute, and Manatee County Habitat for Humanity is continuing its efforts to help families in need of decent, affordable housing. With continued support of our sponsors and volunteers, we’ll continue the mission of eliminating substandard housing in this community.”
Since 1994 Manatee County Habitat has built, rehabbed or repaired more than100 houses. A little-known fact about Habitat for Humanity is that it actually helps more children than adults here in Manatee County. With support from people like you, Habitat volunteers have built more than 100 homes in Manatee County. Since starting to build neighborhoods in 2003, Manatee Habitat helped:
- 47 families become homeowners.
- These families have a combined total of 124 children.
- 70% of these children were under the age of 10 when they moved into their new homes, a time in their lives when the positive impact of a stable home is greatest.
Manatee County Habitat for Humanity has completed 2 neighborhoods thus far, “Village of the Palms” consisting of 24 homes, and “Washington Park” consisting of 12 homes. Now the launch has begun for its 3rd neighborhood, “Hope Landing”. Building new communities, ensures a safe neighborhood for our children and families.
“Hope Landing” will:
· Be the first Habitat community built entirely with energy-efficient construction techniques.
· Have exterior walls made from ICF’s (Insulated Concrete Forms) which are not just energy-efficient but also storm ready and pest resistant – saving homeowners both money and time in maintenance.
· Feature villa-style architecture with two homes under each roof sharing a middle wall.
It is because of support that Habitat is able to move toward their vision of eliminating sub-standard housing in this community. Manatee Habitat not only builds & repairs homes for families in need, they change lives as they offer renewed hope for the families they serve. For each family Habitat is able to place in a simple, decent home, we are one step closer to accomplishing the goal of making it a better community for us all. To donate and support Manatee Habitat, visit their website at www.manateehabitat.org or call 941-748-9100.
Click here to add a Non-Facebook comment to this page